Checkups and Cleanings
Proper checkups & cleanings at your Langley dentist office makes your teeth last a lifetime!
At Jericho Dental Centre, we strongly believe in preventive dentistry. Proper care and hygiene for your mouth and teeth can save you a lot of trouble, pain, treatment, and money in the future. We encourage our patients to visit our Langley dental oﬃce for an oral check-up session every 3-6 months.
DURING YOUR CHECK-UP SESSION, WE PERFORM THE FOLLOWING:
- Extensive oral checkups with a preventive approach.
- Our dedicated team will perform a thorough examination of your mouth, gums, teeth, tongue, lips, throat, and cheeks, making sure there are no abnormalities or signs of disease.
- We review your medical and dental history and record any ﬁndings on your chart.
- X-rays are also part of the examination, to make sure that there are no hidden signs of disease.
- We will discuss our ﬁndings with you and take the appropriate measures to ﬁx the dental problem, treat the disease, and prevent their occurrence in the future.
Professional dental cleaning for preventive purposes
- Good oral hygiene is essential for a healthy mouth and a healthy beautiful smile.
- Your oral hygiene routine should include brushing, at least twice a day, ﬂossing and professional cleanings once every 3-6 months, or as often as your dentist see it necessary.
- Some people develop plaque and tartar quicker than others, which makes them in need of more frequent professional cleaning sessions.
- Our experienced dental hygienists perform a thorough cleaning and removal of accumulated plaque and tartar from your teeth and under your gum line. If left un-removed, these will accumulate, even more, causing gum disease, which in turn can lead to serious dental problems, like tooth loss.